Friday 2 March 2012

Final Film Poster


This is my final product for my film poster for 'Evil Awaits'. I feel as if this is the best and most eye-catching out of all of my attempts as it is unusual as well as getting across the message of the film by demonstrating its genre, this is achieved through the general gloom of the whole poster. The quotes at the bottom of the page helps to draw the audience in as it has be proven by film critics that it is a successful high quality film. The standard of which IT skills have been used make it more effective. The techniques that I have used in this poster have all been used before, e.g. the images have all been used in previous attempts, as well as having reviews etc... this shows progression and how I have used previous faults to develop the poster. I have asked a few people what their opinion is of the poster and how effective they think it is, they are quoted below:

'Effective and high quality images'


As I have mentioned previously, these images have been used in the previous attempts at a film poster, however I feel as if they work best in this format. This is due to the different IT skills that I used to make them more effective, for instance the image of someone staring through the title. This technique is effective as it adds an interesting twist to the poster as it is unusual (this idea was taken from my film poster research). As well as that, the black block has been blurred into the image above, this was done so that its not as bold, this also makes it flow better with the rest of the poster. This also provides a solid background for the text.


'Over crowded but informative'


Although it can be considered over crowded, it contains all of the important qualities that a film poster needs. For instance it contains reviews, a release date, images, rights of the film and film title. All of these qualities are necessary advertising on a film poster, therefore they have been arranged in an effective manor. If I was to further develop this product, the overpowering images is what I would change. All though they are a vital part of the poster and help to portray the genre of the film effectively, I would want them to be slightly more subtle. However, due to time constraints I do not have time to do changes such as this one. In spite of this, the poster still comes across as being effective and high quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment