Tuesday 21 February 2012

Initial Film Poster

This initial design for my film poster was not successful for many reasons, all of which have been reflected in my audience feedback on this piece. However saying that, there are some positive aspects to this work, for instance the way the poster reflects the genre of the film, due to the darkness of the abandoned house and the contrast in the trees it achieves the dark mysterious atmosphere that is also reflected in the trailer. Although it has been pointed out by one of the people reviewing this piece that the darkness has resulted in a flaw in this poster. This is because in all of the research posters the title has been the main focal point of it and it has always stood out significantly, this does not come across in my first attempt at the film poster. Nevertheless I am pleased with the photo of the abandoned house as it sets the scene for the film, however it is rare not to have a photo of at least one character on the poster, this is one way that I hope to develop my poster in my next attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment